Join the team: office assistant
We are looking for a bright, enthusiastic, meticulously organised Office Assistant to join our award-winning, highly creative team. Based in Glasgow’s Merchant City, this is an exciting opportunity for someone who is looking to thrive in a fast paced, ambitious, sociable, compassionate environment.
You’ll be rewarded for your hard work with a competitive salary, generous holiday allowance, mentorship and guidance as well as investment into your training and development.
What do we need?
This role will suit a talented administration adviser who has a minimum of 1-2 years admin experience, in an office environment. This is an internal facing role which supports the organisation and running of the daily administrative operations of the agency.
We need someone who is hard-working, professional and able to undertake a variety of office support tasks as well as work diligently under pressure.
Attention to detail is key to this job, as is a positive, flexible attitude from someone who enjoys learning and always strives to incorporate new and effective ways of working to achieve the best results.
We need you to be:
- A MS Office whiz, spreadsheets and PowerPoint excite you!
- A juggler, multi-tasking lots of tasks at any one time
- Friendly, you love people and have incredible interpersonal skills
- Passionate, about the detail, you’ll take pride in everything you do
- Tidy, mess offends you, you like nothing better than clean, organised spaces
- Supportive, you’re all about playing in a team, especially a busy, demanding one
- Unflappable, confident and calm under pressure
- Discrete, you’ll be exposed to confidential information which we’ll need you to handle sensitively
What will you be delivering?
Senior team support
- Personal Assistant support for the Directors
- Managing the schedule of the Directors and General Manager
- Providing support to Directors and General Manager with any external events
- Managing the administration for the Directors and General Manager including, photocopying, filing, expenses and arranging travel for the senior team
Office and team culture support
- Ensuring the office is a positive, welcoming, friendly and professional place to be. You’ll be the first point of contact for visitors and answering our phones
- Assisting with office events, away days etc
- Setting up workstations for staff and supporting with staff inductions
- Supporting with team culture and training activities
- Overseeing the fire procedure in the Office Manager’s absence
- Managing the boardroom diary and setting up the room to meet the requirements of the team
- Ensuring the office and kitchen is stocked and tidy, ordering supplies including stationery, food and drink
- Supporting the team with handing out morning papers and post/ packages – responsible for tidying the papers and office paperwork and filing
A bit about us:
When we started seven years ago, we set ourselves a goal: to become the most creative and effective marketing agency in Scotland. But goals are nothing without our team and we’re committed to not only attracting the best, but keeping them.
You’ll be pushed to reach your full potential at Wire. We have all the office niceties you can think of (dog-friendly spaces, Friday beers and healthy snacks galore). Best of all, you’ll receive constant inspiration in the form of our friendly, talented team – we’re a close group who believe in the power of the bigger picture. The only thing we’re missing is you!
If you think you’re up for the challenge and are looking to join a fun, dynamic team, send your cover letter outlining why you’re right for the role and accompanying CV to Wire’s Head of Talent and Culture, email@example.com
Please note, this is a full time role and our office hours are 9am – 5pm