Join the team: Account Manager (PR)
Account Manager (PR)
Full time, based in our Glasgow office
We’re on the hunt for an outstanding Account Manager (PR) to join our Famous team.
What’s the role?
You will excel at driving forward medium – large sized brand and PR campaigns, with minimal direction. You’ll have a solid network of media contacts, be passionate about media relations, enjoy coming up with great ideas and have a strong understanding of social and digital comms.
As per the standard job requirement, you need to be well organised and personable but above all, hold a true love for creativity. An interest and knowledge of the food and drink sector is advantageous.
You will be a can do-er, someone who is naturally curious with an entrepreneurial spirit, and high resilience.
You will be excellent a building rapport and confidence with your clients, and your project management, reporting and budgeting skills are second to none. And you need to be able to write. Writing is a big part of this role.
What’s the agency culture like?
We expect our team to deliver their very best and in return we offer extensive benefits. Flexible working for everyone, healthy snacks, Friday beers, dog-friendly spaces and a competitive salary and holiday allocation. Importantly, we also invest in your career with a dedicated training arm set up to make sure you get the support you need to develop and thrive.
We need you to be (work):
- A captivating storyteller – you will be able to craft a story single handily, you know what will get the media’s attention, your results speak for themselves
- A content king/ queen – you will lead on content creation, planning and briefing in content which fits seamlessly across a range of earned, owned and paid platforms
- A gifted communicator – your written and verbal communication skills are top class
- A master of multi-tasking – you will have killer project management skills, have mastered the ability to run with medium scale projects with minimal support and be able to drive forward large-scale projects, with direction from your senior team
- A passionate people manager- you will delegate effectively and confidently forward plan to support and manage your junior team’s time
- An independent thinker - you will be analytical and proactively problem solve
- A stickler for the detail – you never leave any room for error in your work
We need you to be (personally):
- A lifelong learner
- Gracious and humble
- Hungry and determined
- A positive, respectful team player
- Proactive, always ready to go the extra mile
What will you be delivering?
- You will have incredible media contacts and provide support to your junior team when it comes to pitching stories and securing coverage
- You will push forward ideation independently, bringing concepts to life via photo-calls, video, social content and experiential
- You’ll lead on the creation of the media strategy with minimal input from your senior team
- You get to know your client’s audience inside out and can adapt your writing styles and TOV to meet the brief
- You are the project lead across integrated campaigns and you will drive forward campaigns across teams
- You will lead on brief creation and work in partnership with other teams and colleagues to plan small - medium campaigns which smash your client’s targets
- You’ll be responsible for driving forward all written materials and content across your account with minimal input and direction
- You will have established relationships with influencers who you will work with to share your stories on desired channels
- You will drive forward content plans across social channels and manage social media communities
- You be the key contact across your clients, responsible for updates and providing strategic consultancy
- You will be a trusted advisor and have an in-depth knowledge of your client’s industry
- You will be leading on all client communication both verbal and written
- You will effectively manage client’s expectations and push back where required
- You will respond to difficult conversations positively and with the support of your senior team
- You’ll be driving forward medium – large sized projects with very little direction
- You’ll be leading on updates in client meetings, ensuring you and your team are prepared pre- and post-sessions
- You will be overseeing all your account reporting
- You’ll be overseeing and ensuring you reach KPIs
- You will effectively manage and delegate to junior team members
- You will ensure your team has enough time and notice to forward plan their workload
- You will provide mentorship and guidance whenever required on all tasks
- You will provide training and support to the team and agency
- Ideally a minimum of 3 years’ PR, preferably gained in an agency environment
- Excel in media relations
- Strategic thinker and planner
- Strong communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Content driven mind
- Creative thinker that can generate innovative on-brand stories
If you think you’re up for the challenge and are looking to join a fun, dynamic team, send your cover letters outlining why you’re right for the role and accompanying CV to email@example.com by Tuesday 2 October.