Join the team: Filmmaker (closed)
Based in our Glasgow office
We’re looking for an exceptional filmmaker who has experience producing content for brands and social media. We need someone passionate about storytelling through film and visual mediums, to join our CREATIVE team. This a permanent role and will suit a creative content maker who is confident in all aspects of video generation, from concept to delivery.
What’s the role?
This position will suit a talented filmmaker who has a minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in a content production role, someone who is familiar working with brands and has ideally worked as part of a creative team within an agency environment.
You’ll be a self-starter. This is a fast-paced environment and we have high expectations for delivery so we’re looking for someone who is driven to find new, innovative ways to tell our clients’ stories and is thirsty for results.
You'll need to work with minimal direction and will enjoy working independently, to tight deadlines, producing high quality content with very speedy turnarounds.
What’s the agency culture like?
We expect our team to deliver their very best and in return we offer extensive benefits. Flexible working for everyone, healthy snacks, Friday beers, dog-friendly spaces and a competitive salary and holiday allocation. Importantly, we also invest in your career with a dedicated training arm set up to make sure you get the support you need to develop and thrive.
We need you to be (work):
- A confident film and content producer
- A meticulous planner
- A decisive director
- An inspiring storyteller
We need you to be (personally):
- A proactive team player
- Passionate about learning and trying new things
- Adaptable and able to problem solve
- Graceful under pressure
- A positive, respectful member of the team
- A good communicator
What will you be delivering?
Video content creation
- You’ll be leading on the production of video content from concept to delivery
- You’ll be interrogating briefs, ideating, storyboarding and planning logistics
- You’ll have the skills to shoot, light and direct on-set
- You’ll be manging equipment and overseeing all sound production
- You’ll be looking at briefs, jobs and edits and thinking of creative ways to
- You’ll constantly be considering new ways to elevate your work to the highest
- You’ll conceive ideas independently and contribute to big creative brainstorms
- You’ll expand upon existing ideas adding your own insights and flair
- You’ll also be editing and animating
- You’ll be responsible for all technical delivery
- You’ll be creating content from scratch in After Effects or with existing assets
- You’ll use the Adobe Creative Suite in its entirety regularly
Mandatory applicant requirements:
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience filmmaking and ideally in a content production role as part of a creative team within an agency environment
- Creative thinker that can generate innovative on-brand ideas
- Fluency in After Effects, Premier Pro and Final Cut Pro
- Ability to present and competently communicate creative work to clients
- No university degree necessary but you must be able to show relevant experience
and results, especially working with brands
- Strategic and content driven mind
In addition, ideally you will also possess:
- Competency in designing content for social media platforms such as YouTube, Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, Vine, Twitter and whatever comes along next
- Experience with Cinema 4D or other 3D packages would be a bonus
If you think you’re up for the challenge and are looking to join a fun, dynamic team, send your cover letters outlining why you’re right for the role and accompanying CV to email@example.com by Friday 31 August.